Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "McComsey, Doug" <Do...@ca.com> on 2005/08/30 21:07:24 UTC

TCK tests

I'm trying to pass the TCK tests with my own implementation. I am
failing some (34) of the workspace move and copy functions with an
ItemExistsException because I have only one workspace.

Section 4.10.1 of the spec describes "Single Workspace Repositories", so
I assume I can have an implementation with only one workspace. What is
the policy when the TCK is testing functions I don't support? Can I be
"certified" as level two compliant with a one workspace implementation?

Regards,

Doug

Doug McComsey

Computer Associates

doug.mccomsey@ca.com <ma...@ca.com>

Re: TCK tests

Posted by Walter <wa...@builditglobal.com>.
Hi Doug, I asked my developers to respond as it was the same problem we
had with workspaces so we added multiple.  Walt.

Hello Walter.

This means that Doug has exactly the same problem as we had with TCK.

Their own JSR-170 implementation does not support multiply workspaces,
and when they run TCK tests against their implementation, they
discovered that those tests cannot pass without several workspaces.

And yes, the specifications says that "multiply workspaces" feature is
optional, that is not required for compliant implementations.

Thank you.

Best regards, Maxim.