Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2016/06/26 14:20:23 UTC

Fwd: Code Quality Improvements for commons-dbutils

Hello Ayman,

awesome that DevFactory has decided to invest in Open Source projects!
We're always looking for people who want to work on Apache Commons
Components and collaborate.

We welcome any contributions to our components however there are some rules:
- all communication about development should go through the mailing list (
dev@commons.apache.org)
- you will need to sign a contributor license agreement [1]
- we care a lot about binary compatibility of our components. So any
changes you propose will have to be backwards compatible
You can read more about this in our contributing guide lines [2]

Regarding your proposals: we already use PMD, Findbugs and Checkstyle and
there is SonarQube instance running at [3]. The SonarQube seems to be out
of date, I'll have a look into this soon.

If you're still interested in contributing, go for it!

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
[2] https://github.com/apache/commons-dbutils/blob/trunk/CONTRIBUTING.md
[3] http://analysis.apache.org

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I got an email from one of them for an ops4j project, and they followed
through with several pull requests. However, what they're doing almost
seems like clicking the "Code Cleanup..." menu item in IntelliJ, but I
could be oversimplifying what they're doing.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Fwd: Code Quality Improvements for commons-dbutils

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.