Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Sailer <da...@versatile.com> on 2007/05/14 19:23:05 UTC

port problem

I'm running tomcat 5.5 and sniffing out problems with a somewhat complex
web site. After deploying the war into the running tomcat, I go to the
home page and get some exceptions. Looking at the sniffer output, most
of the requests are to localhost:8080, but some are to just localhost,
which causes a "Connection Refused". Why would some requests not go to
port 8080?

Re: port problem

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Dave Sailer wrote:
> I'm running tomcat 5.5 and sniffing out problems with a somewhat complex
> web site. After deploying the war into the running tomcat, I go to the
> home page and get some exceptions. Looking at the sniffer output, most
> of the requests are to localhost:8080, but some are to just localhost,
> which causes a "Connection Refused". Why would some requests not go to
> port 8080?

because someone hard coded the full url?

which requests are you referring to, the sub-requests from the HTML that
refer to images, scripts, stylesheets?

Re: port problem

Posted by Dave Sailer <da...@versatile.com>.
I can't do that because, well, you know how this business is. I will
just run on port 80.

RE: port problem

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Dave Sailer [mailto:dave.sailer@versatile.com]
> Subject: Re: port problem
>
> more detail: we have a customer 404 error page with...
>
> :<iframe src="http://www.blahblah.net/mypage.html" width="100%"
> height="105" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Why don't you just get rid of the "http://www.blahblah.net" part?
(Leave in the leading slash before "mypage.html".)  Leaving the host in
the reference forces it to port 80; taking it out will let the browser
automatically fill in both the host and the port.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: port problem

Posted by Dave Sailer <da...@versatile.com>.
more detail: we have a customer 404 error page with...

:<iframe src="http://www.blahblah.net/mypage.html" width="100%"
height="105" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The build script replaces http://www.blahblah.net with
http://test.blahblah.net and my hosts file maps test.blahblah.net to
127.0.0.1, this to keep all links pointing to the local tomcat.