Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Yves Roblin <ro...@jlab.org> on 2004/05/24 18:56:50 UTC

new subscriber to list

Hi everybody,

 I just subscribed to this list in order to gain insight and experience
with the subversion code base. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute
to some of the 'byte-sized'
issues pretty soon. First, let me introduce myself:
.
   I am a senior software developer working for a physics research
institution.  We use CVS as our main repository here at work and I
recently started using Subversion. I plan to convince my team to start
using it since it is so much better than CVS. One of the features that
sold me is the ability to go through http. Since our CVS code repository
is behind firewallls (two in succession!), we have to do some pretty
ugly ssh tunneling to get to it from outside. No such gimmicks with
Subversion!.

 I am so pleased with it that I would like to contribute back to the
project, hence my reason for being there <G>. (also I always wanted to
get involved in an open source project but never found the
motivation/time to do so until now).

Regards,
 Yves

--
Dr. Yves R. Roblin

Re: new subscriber to list

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 13:56, Yves Roblin wrote:

>  I am so pleased with it that I would like to contribute back to the
> project, hence my reason for being there <G>. (also I always wanted to
> get involved in an open source project but never found the
> motivation/time to do so until now).

Welcome!