Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Andrey Poltavtsev <ap...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/18 11:53:02 UTC

Expirience in using Apache Flume in OSGi environment

Hi,

I did not found in existing Apache Flume distribution | documentation
(User guide | Developers Guide)  any information regarding using of
Apache Flume in OSGi environment. Do you have any workaround in this
direction ?
Is it planned to add integration with OSGi container to official Apache
Flume distribution in future (I mean OSGi bundle) ? Any information
ragarding expirience using Flume with OSGi will be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Best Regards, Andrey.

Re: Expirience in using Apache Flume in OSGi environment

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrey,

ATM we have no plans to implement OSGi modules / service busses into Flume. So far as I know no one has tried yet to integrate Flume into any OSGi platform. But in future this could be a wise step (I look about mobile phones, fleet management etc). To discuss this with a developer audience I move this thread to dev@ .

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: Expirience in using Apache Flume in OSGi environment

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrey,

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: Expirience in using Apache Flume in OSGi environment

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Andrey, I don't know of anyone doing that and I'd be surprised if you
didn't run into some issues. We try to avoid static instances but who
knows. I would try to just use the Flume client API (SDK) in your app and
deploy Flume as a normal daemon.

Mike

Posted by Andrey Poltavtsev <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,