Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Stavrinides <p....@albourne.com> on 2008/03/12 11:50:30 UTC

Set property on Beanform select

Hi All,

We use the occasional beanform on our site which generates some select
boxes, recent snapshots introduced the blankOption property, a handy
feature, but it appears to have a default value of "literal:auto" , the
trouble with this is that it introduces a null/empty field in every
beanform select component, which in-turn introduces the potential for
NPE's, so we need to override this default somehow with
blankOption="never", how do we do this?

We have have explored a work around by using the @Validate annotation,
but this only works for a select using an enumeration... in most cases
we use a custom SelectionModel, so we are looking for a better option.
The beanform should provide an easy way to toggle this property or you
pretty much have to supersede every select with your own override
diminishing the automation in the beanform, as I see it this is the very
reason one wants to use it, so it would be a pity if there isn't a
workaround.

thanks for your help,
Peter