Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Gold, Samuel (Contractor)" <Sa...@disa.mil> on 2005/06/24 22:05:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Chroot question.

Hey all,

I have setup apache 1.3.33 on Solaris 9 in a chroot environment and just
wanted to ask a simple question.  If there is a /proc directory in the jail
should the apache processes be in the real root /proc directory or in the
jail /proc directory.  This is the first time I have ever setup a chroot
jail so I just want to be sure.  Sorry if this OT.

Thanks,
Sam Gold

Re: [users@httpd] Chroot question.

Posted by Scott Gifford <sg...@suspectclass.com>.
"Gold, Samuel (Contractor)" <Sa...@disa.mil> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I have setup apache 1.3.33 on Solaris 9 in a chroot environment and just
> wanted to ask a simple question.  If there is a /proc directory in the jail
> should the apache processes be in the real root /proc directory or in the
> jail /proc directory.  This is the first time I have ever setup a chroot
> jail so I just want to be sure.  Sorry if this OT.

I wouldn't give your chroot'd Apache access to the real /proc unless
something required it.  If possible, I would just not put a /proc at
all.

----ScottG.