Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Govorukhin <dm...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/02 15:51:49 UTC

Re: Delete/remove cache does not free the memory in PCF server

In the current implementation, Ignite does not support deallocate memory.
Maybe you can try to use ignite with persistence and reduce in-memory
region size?
Please explain your use case in more details and provide Ignite and cache
configurations.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
I don't see any issue here. The Ignite process shows max virtual memory
size [1] allocated by your operating system (OS) for it during the peak
usage. The data region just grew to that size, and once you remove all the
data, it will be empty (just call cache.size() to confirm this).

So, Ignite as any other process operates in its virtual memory space and
the OS share the physical RAM between all the processes.

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14347206/what-are-the-differences-between-virtual-memory-and-physical-memory