Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric <sp...@internetsmallfry.com> on 2011/02/16 23:24:21 UTC

Development and Stable branches?

I was told that the odd-numbered version numbers of Subversion e.g.
1.5.x are the relatively unstable "development" branches and the
even-numbered branches e.g. 1.6.x are the "stable" branches, sort of
like the Linux kernel does it (or used to).

Is that true?

Re: Development and Stable branches?

Posted by Eric <sp...@internetsmallfry.com>.
At 05:31 PM 2/16/2011, Stefan Sperling wrote:

>No, it isn't.
>
>See
>http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/releasing.html#release-numbering
>and http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/
<<<<<

Thanks, Stefan.  That's what I was looking for and couldn't find.

Re: Development and Stable branches?

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.