Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Marans.Jeffrey" <Je...@cic.gc.ca> on 2019/03/25 16:49:33 UTC

sqlResources.xml

When I start james 3.0.2 the log contains Connected to Microsoft SQL Server version 12.12 using JDBC driver Microsoft JDBC Driver 7.2 for SQL Server version 7.2.1.0, and 3 tables were  created.

But this warning turns fatal
WARN  12:21:51,120 | org.apache.james.container.spring.context.JamesServerApplicationContext | Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'authenticator' defined in class path resource [META-INF/org/apache/james/spring-mailbox-authenticator.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [org.apache.james.user.api.UsersRepository]: : Error creating bean with name 'usersrepository': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire method: public void org.apache.james.user.lib.AbstractUsersRepository.setDomainList(org.apache.james.domainlist.api.DomainList); nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'domainlist': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Unable to execute lifecycle method on beandomainlist; nested exception is <openjpa-3.0.0-r422266:1833209 nonfatal general error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'KEY'. {stmnt 1664030951 CREATE TABLE JAMES_MAILBOX_ANNOTATION (KEY VARCHAR(200) NOT NULL, MAILBOX_ID BIGINT NOT NULL, VALUE VARCHAR(255), PRIMARY KEY (KEY, MAILBOX_ID))} [code=156, state=S0001]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'usersrepository': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire method: public void org.apache.james.user.lib.AbstractUsersRepository.setDomainList(org.apache.james.domainlist.api.DomainList); nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'domainlist': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Unable to execute lifecycle method on beandomainlist; nested exception is <openjpa-3.0.0-r422266:1833209 nonfatal general error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'KEY'. {stmnt 1664030951 CREATE TABLE JAMES_MAILBOX_ANNOTATION (KEY VARCHAR(200) NOT NULL, MAILBOX_ID BIGINT NOT NULL, VALUE VARCHAR(255), PRIMARY KEY (KEY, MAILBOX_ID))} [code=156, state=S0001]

I can't find anything on the web regarding how to modify sqlResources.xml to work with MS SQL Server.

Jeffrey Marans

Enterprise Architect Biometrics, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
Jeffrey.Marans@cic.gc.ca<ma...@cic.gc.ca> / Tel: 613-437-9890

Architecte de biométrie (Consultant), Solutions et gestion de l'information
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Jeffrey.Marans@cic.gc.ca<ma...@cic.gc.ca> / Tél.: 613-437-9890

Re: sqlResources.xml

Posted by cryptearth <cr...@cryptearth.de>.
Well, wikipedia lists the UDP ports as "protocol assigned, but not
used". Maybe you would had found it when you just had used "lsof -i" -
without grep. I guess this "port reserve stuff" is something starting
way early in the system startup to block other programms to use needed
ports - and when dovecot starts its "transfered" or "redirected" to it
(however this might work in linux).

Nice to hear you got that fixed. And also for me a good info to look out
for when upgrading to current version after system update.

Matt

RE: sqlResources.xml

Re: sqlResources.xml

Posted by cryptearth <cr...@cryptearth.de>.

RE: sqlResources.xml

RE: sqlResources.xml

Posted by "Marans.Jeffrey" <Je...@cic.gc.ca>.
I am starting james as root, and I've tried using 0.0.0.0:110, the IPaddress:110,  the servername:110, and the fqdn:110.
All 3 give essentially the same "cannot bind" result.
The only file in conf that refers to port 110 is pop3server.xml and it only has one uncommented bind line.
Out of curiosity I tried bringing up james using port 222 and it seemed to run ok.
But I need it to use 110.

Jeff.

Re: sqlResources.xml

Posted by cryptearth <cr...@cryptearth.de>.
Well,

RE: sqlResources.xml

RE: sqlResources.xml

Posted by "Marans.Jeffrey" <Je...@cic.gc.ca>.
Thanks, I'll try the reboot.

Re: sqlResources.xml

Posted by cryptearth <cr...@cryptearth.de>.

RE: sqlResources.xml

RE: sqlResources.xml

Posted by "Marans.Jeffrey" <Je...@cic.gc.ca>.
Thanks, I check port 110 and found nothing there.
I also telneted to localhost 110 and got a connection refused, which means nothing's listening.

Posted by cryptearth <cr...@cryptearth.de>.

RE: sqlResources.xml

Posted by "Marans.Jeffrey" <Je...@cic.gc.ca>.
The error is