Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by kezhenxu94 <ke...@apache.org> on 2022/07/18 03:28:43 UTC

Apache SkyWalking NodeJS patch version 0.5.1 Released

Hi the SkyWalking Community

On behalf of the SkyWalking Team, I’m glad to announce that SkyWalking NodeJS 0.5.1 is now released.

SkyWalking NodeJS 0.5.1 is a patch release that fixed a vulnerability in all previous
 versions <=0.5.0, we recommend all users who are using versions <=0.5.0 should upgrade to this version.

 The vulnerability will cause NodeJS services that has this agent installed to be unavailable
 if the header includes an illegal SkyWalking header, such as
 (1) OAP is unhealthy and the downstream service's agent can't establish the connection.
 (2) Some sampling mechanism is activated in downstream agents.

Detail https://skywalking.apache.org/events/release-apache-skywalking-nodejs-0-5-1/

SkyWalking NodeJS: The NodeJS Agent for Apache SkyWalking, which provides the native tracing abilities for NodeJS backend project.

SkyWalking: APM (application performance monitor) tool for distributed systems, especially designed for microservices, cloud native and container-based (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos) architectures.

Download Links: http://skywalking.apache.org/downloads/

Release Notes : https://github.com/apache/skywalking-nodejs/blob/v$VERSION/CHANGELOG.md

Website: http://skywalking.apache.org/

SkyWalking NodeJS Resources: