Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Deb and Dave Tiek <dt...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/27 00:48:20 UTC

Openoffice crashing

I created a text document and before I could finish, OpenOffice crashed! I
was able to recover the document but the program crashed again before I
could do much more to the document. This happened three times in the space
of 20 minutes. I shut down my computer and left it alone for a couple of
hours. I started my computer again and stated up OpenOffice then tried
reopening the same document again. Before I could do an update to it,
OpenOffice crashed again. I tried looking for an update through the
OpenOffice Help page, but all I got was an error message. Update failure.

Apache OpenOffice has been a wonderful word processing program to use over
the past several years since discovering it and we have created a lot of
documents together. So I need to know if this is a temporary problem, or do
I need to find another program to create and update my work?

Sincerely,
DTiek

Re: Openoffice crashing

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
You don't mention what OS or AOO version you are using, so I'll guess at
Windows, perhaps 10. If so,
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=94690#p451449
may help you.

On 27/08/18 10:18, Deb and Dave Tiek wrote:
> I created a text document and before I could finish, OpenOffice crashed! I
> was able to recover the document but the program crashed again before I
> could do much more to the document. This happened three times in the space
> of 20 minutes. I shut down my computer and left it alone for a couple of
> hours. I started my computer again and stated up OpenOffice then tried
> reopening the same document again. Before I could do an update to it,
> OpenOffice crashed again. I tried looking for an update through the
> OpenOffice Help page, but all I got was an error message. Update failure.
>
> Apache OpenOffice has been a wonderful word processing program to use over
> the past several years since discovering it and we have created a lot of
> documents together. So I need to know if this is a temporary problem, or do
> I need to find another program to create and update my work?
>
> Sincerely,
> DTiek

Cheers
--
David Robley

Earth is 98% full... please delete anyone you can.