Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by to...@dormon.com on 2003/10/10 13:36:36 UTC

mod_jk lbfactor strangeness

All, hope this is the right place for this.

I've an apache servers with 4 backend app servers and using mod_jk to
balance the load over them.

Two of the machines are a fair bit quicker than the other two, so I've
adjusted the weighting with lbfactor

app1 (slow) =  lbfactor=100
app2 (slow) =  lbfactor=100
app3 (fast) =  lbfactor=150
app4 (fast) =  lbfactor=150

Yet what I see is that app2 and app3 get most of the load?

I've checked this with snoop(tcpdump) and counted the packets to the
various app servers. And app2 and app3 defiantly seems to be getting
more work. I've checked my host file and workers.properties and all
seems right.

Am I missing something, or is lbfactor not that reliable, both my tomcat
books seem to contradict the jakarta web site on which way round the
weighting goes, but that still doesn't explain why two differently
weighted machines get the same load.

Cheers for any help
Lee