Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Erik Dasque <ed...@silverstream.com> on 2000/02/25 05:11:02 UTC

Nobody seem to agree

My XML file :

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<DOCUMENT DOC_ID="3" DateCreated="02/08/2000 00:00"
    MimeType="text/plain" Version="1">
    <Author AUTHOR_ID="1">
        <FirstName>John</FirstName>
         </Author>
    <HTML_BODY><![CDATA[The following piece of client code, which assumes that
<code>bean</code> is a handle to an EJB]]></HTML_BODY>
    <TITLE>This is the title of the test doc</TITLE>
</DOCUMENT>

I want to get at :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
  <head>
    <title>This is the title of the test doc</title>
  </head>
    The following piece of client code, which assumes that
    <code>bean</code> is a handle to an EJB

Does everybody agree that my HTML_BODY should use CDATA ?

What XSLT stylesheet do I need to use. The following stylesheet :
<head>
<title><xsl:value-of select="//TITLE"/></title>
</head>
<xsl:value-of select="//TITLE"/>
<xsl:value-of select="//BODY"/>

produces the following output :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
  <head>
    <title>This is the title of the test doc</title>
  </head>
    The following piece of client code, which assumes that
&lt;code&gt;bean&lt;/code&gt; is a handle to an EJB

What do you think ? Pierpaolo mentionned that it is due to XALAN incorrect serializer for CDATAs. Using Stylus from Excelon I get the same result. IE XSL processor does to.

TIA

Ed.

Re: Nobody seem to agree

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
> Erik Dasque wrote:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>   <head>
>     <title>This is the title of the test doc</title>
>   </head>
>     The following piece of client code, which assumes that
> &lt;code&gt;bean&lt;/code&gt; is a handle to an EJB
>
> What do you think ? Pierpaolo mentionned that it is due to XALAN
> incorrect serializer for CDATAs. Using Stylus from Excelon I get the
> same result. IE XSL processor does to.

Nope... so, in this case XALAN is correct... I wasn't understanding what
you were trying to do...

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: Nobody seem to agree

Posted by Christian Lizell <Ch...@athega.se>.
Hi!

Maybe I'm not understanding what you would like to do,
but if you would like to get the contents of <HTML_BODY>
and Xalan to leave it alone (not escaping it), you could do
the following:

<xsl:value-of select="//BODY" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

I use it for including contents of a CDATA-tag that contains
HTML.

/Christian

--
__ Athega AB _____________________ for net workers __
 Kungsgatan 58                  phone +46 8 54513330