Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Meenakshi Sharma <me...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/17 23:28:18 UTC

Setup Jmeter to run from EC2 and test external site

Hi,

I just started working with Jmeter.

In the longer run, I would like to setup Jmeter Distributed tests on EC2 to
generate huge load. This is how far I have reached:

1. Created and Launched EC2 instances (3 right now so that I can use 1
master and 2 slaves) with following security settings since 1099 is the
Java RMI Registry port...
Custom TCP RuleTCP10990.0.0.0/02. Installed jmeter: 2.8.20130705 and
java: 1.7.0_80 on all 3 instances

3. Before I begin implementing Master-Slave configuration, I am trying to
run a small test from just 1 EC2 instance to check if it is able to send/
receive data to/ from the web-site (not on AWS).

The test is a simple GET request for the home page.

4. I run following command:
jmeter -n -t ../testplans/HTTP\ Request.jmx
Output:
Created the tree successfully using ../testplans/HTTP Request.jmx
Starting the test @ Tue Nov 17 21:31:46 UTC 2015 (1447795906236)
Waiting for possible shutdown message on port 4445

5. Even from UI there is no result or summary

Could somebody help with the set-up next step?
I think I am missing some basic configuration. Let me know if there are any
questions.

Thank you.
Meena

Re: Setup Jmeter to run from EC2 and test external site

Posted by Meenakshi Sharma <me...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much!
I had success in setting up ssh port forwarding and running a simple test.

Regards,
Meena

Posted by "Bhadauria, Tarun Kumar" <ta...@zalando.de>.

Posted by Steven Swor <sw...@gmail.com>.