Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sh...@agilent.com on 2003/03/19 01:29:00 UTC

X windows focus mechanism

Hi All,
	I'm using JSVGCanvas to build an application for displaying the contents of various SVG files.  I'm also using org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.FindDialog in my app as well.  One annoyance that I've run across is the X Windows-like focus mechanism seemingly built into the batik components that I'm using.  For example, when my mouse moves off of the FindDialog, keyboard focus is no longer on that dialog (you actually have to click on the dialog to get the focus back, rather than just mousing over it).   Is there any way of disabling this X Windows focus mechanism?  Thanks!

-Shawn

RE: X windows focus mechanism

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

SH> I'm using JSVGCanvas to build an application for displaying the
SH> contents of various SVG files.  I'm also using
SH> org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.FindDialog in my app as well.
SH> One annoyance that I've run across is the X Windows-like focus
SH> mechanism seemingly built into the batik components that I'm
SH> using.  For example, when my mouse moves off of the FindDialog,
SH> keyboard focus is no longer on that dialog (you actually have to
SH> click on the dialog to get the focus back, rather than just
SH> mousing over it).  Is there any way of disabling this X Windows
SH> focus mechanism?

    This is fixed in CVS (or wait for the 1.5b5 release - which should
happen soon).  It still requests focus to the JSVGCanvas at certain
times (like when a document is loaded) but it no longer grabs focus
whenever the cursor enters the component.