Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2000/06/09 11:31:45 UTC

XMLForm problem

Dear Donald,

Sorry to bother you with this, specially as I do not have a solution yet :).

I am trying out XMLForm, I just downloaded the latest version but find it
won't run or compile.

I am trying to compile it with:

	xalan_1_0_1.jar
	xerces_1_0_3.jar
	openxml-1.2.jar

I get the following compilation error:

 [...] XMLForm.java:364: Wrong number of arguments in constructor.
		XPath xpath = new XPath(xpath_support,null);

I get the following runtime error:

	java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath: method
(Lorg/apache/xalan/xpath/XPathSupport;Lorg/apache/xalan/xpath/xml/ProblemListener;)V
not found

This looks like either the interface has changed or there is a problem with
the order of Jars in the ClassPath.

Any suggestions? (before I download Xalan source ....)

thanks

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: XMLForm problem

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Dear Donald,
>
> Sorry to bother you with this, specially as I do not have a solution yet
> :).
>
> I am trying out XMLForm, I just downloaded the latest version but find it
> won't run or compile.
>
> I am trying to compile it with:
>
>      xalan_1_0_1.jar
>      xerces_1_0_3.jar
>      openxml-1.2.jar
>
> I get the following compilation error:
>
>  [...] XMLForm.java:364: Wrong number of arguments in constructor.
>           XPath xpath = new XPath(xpath_support,null);

Jeremy,

just put XPath xpath = new XPath(null);

Ulrich

--