Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ben Pope <be...@REMOVE_MEhotmail.com> on 2005/03/05 16:26:20 UTC

Pipelines & caching

Hi,

I have some generic pipelines that return data in xml.

I then wrap those pipelines with generator / serialisers to choose the
output type.  E.g.,

<map:match pattern="*/*/Form">
   <map:call function...
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="*/*/FormPipeline">
   <map:generate...
   <map:transform...
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<!-- And the wrappers: -->

<map:match pattern="*/*/*.xml">
   <map:generate src="cocoon:/{1}/{2}/{3}"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="*/*/*.pdf">
   <map:generate src="cocoon:/{1}/{2}/{3}.html"/>
   <map:transform src="style/xhtml-to-xslfo.xsl" type="xslt"/>
   <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
</map:match>

<!-- Default -->
<map:match pattern="*/*/*.*">
   <map:generate src="cocoon:/{1}/{2}/{3}"/>
   <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
</map:match>

It looks as if the output gets cached, when I request a form like:

http://localhost:82/foo/bar/Form.html?id=0

I get the correct page, so I request:

http://localhost:82/foo/bar/Form.html?id=1

And get the correct page.  However, all other requests to the first (id=0),
now result in the second pipeline (id=1), including things like continuation
IDs.  The problem must in cocoon (as opposed to browser cache), as the
console correctly prints out debug data from the flow, every time I make the
request.

How do I prevent this 'caching'?

I hope that clear enough.

Cheers for your time,

Ben Pope

RE: Pipelines & caching

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@REMOVE_MEhotmail.com>.
OK, that makes sense then.  I'll give that a whirl, thanks for the advice.

Ben Pope

Re: Pipelines & caching

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi there,