Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/12/05 14:47:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15

The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15 release is now available for voting.

This is a milestone release for the 9.0.x branch. It should be
noted that, as a milestone release:
- Servlet 4.0 is not finalised
- The EGs have not started work on JSP 2.4, EL 3.1 or WebSocket 1.2/2.0

The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M13 release are:

- Improvements to SPNEGO authentication. Patches provided by Michael
  Osipov.

- Correct regression in I/O buffer handling.

- Improve handling of varargs in UEL expressions. Based on a patch by
  Ben.

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements

For full details, see the changelog:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.0.M15/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1108/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_0_M15/

The proposed 9.0.0.M15 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M15

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 5. Dezember 2016 15:47:41 MEZ, schrieb Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15 release is now available for
>voting.
>
>This is a milestone release for the 9.0.x branch. It should be
>noted that, as a milestone release:
>- Servlet 4.0 is not finalised
>- The EGs have not started work on JSP 2.4, EL 3.1 or WebSocket 1.2/2.0
>
>The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M13 release are:
>
>- Improvements to SPNEGO authentication. Patches provided by Michael
>  Osipov.
>
>- Correct regression in I/O buffer handling.
>
>- Improve handling of varargs in UEL expressions. Based on a patch by
>  Ben.
>
>Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements
>
>For full details, see the changelog:
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
>It can be obtained from:
>https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.0.M15/
>The Maven staging repo is:
>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1108/
>The svn tag is:
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_0_M15/
>
>The proposed 9.0.0.M15 release is:
>[ ] Broken - do not release
>[x] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M15

Felix

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1 (stable): markt, violetagg, remm, kfujino, fschumacher

Non-binding:
+1 (stable): huxing

The vote therefore passes. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this
this release

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15

Posted by Keiichi Fujino <kf...@apache.org>.

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15 release is now available for voting.
>
> This is a milestone release for the 9.0.x branch. It should be
> noted that, as a milestone release:
> - Servlet 4.0 is not finalised
> - The EGs have not started work on JSP 2.4, EL 3.1 or WebSocket 1.2/2.0
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M13 release are:
>
> - Improvements to SPNEGO authentication. Patches provided by Michael
>   Osipov.
>
> - Correct regression in I/O buffer handling.
>
> - Improve handling of varargs in UEL expressions. Based on a patch by
>   Ben.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.0.M15/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1108/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_0_M15/
>
> The proposed 9.0.0.M15 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M15

+1
Tested on some test applications (use jdbc-pool).

<de...@tomcat.apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 05/12/2016 14:47, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15 release is now available for voting.
>
> This is a milestone release for the 9.0.x branch. It should be
> noted that, as a milestone release:
> - Servlet 4.0 is not finalised
> - The EGs have not started work on JSP 2.4, EL 3.1 or WebSocket 1.2/2.0
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M13 release are:
>
> - Improvements to SPNEGO authentication. Patches provided by Michael
>   Osipov.
>
> - Correct regression in I/O buffer handling.
>
> - Improve handling of varargs in UEL expressions. Based on a patch by
>   Ben.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.0.M15/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1108/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_0_M15/
>
> The proposed 9.0.0.M15 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M15

Tests pass on Windows, Linux and OSX for NIO, NIO2 and APR/native (1.2.10)

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15 release is now available for voting.
>
> This is a milestone release for the 9.0.x branch. It should be
> noted that, as a milestone release:
> - Servlet 4.0 is not finalised
> - The EGs have not started work on JSP 2.4, EL 3.1 or WebSocket 1.2/2.0
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M13 release are:
>
> - Improvements to SPNEGO authentication. Patches provided by Michael
>   Osipov.
>
> - Correct regression in I/O buffer handling.
>
> - Improve handling of varargs in UEL expressions. Based on a patch by
>   Ben.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.0.M15/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1108/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_0_M15/
>
> The proposed 9.0.0.M15 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M15

My tests passed.

Regards,
Violeta

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M15

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Hi,

The proposed 9.0.0.M15 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ X ] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M15

Test cases pass.
Our test web app works fine.