Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/26 13:02:08 UTC

Making use of OSGi command line to debug Stratos products.

Hi guys,

at the moment it is bit cumbersome to debug runtime during stratos
installation. We can use OSGi commandline to view runtime data. (logs are
useful but less user friiendly) - using commandprovider  service.

one example is 'listAdminServices' command. like wise we can write our own
debug commands.

eg: listCartridges

showPayload for cartridge

wdyt.

--pradeep

Re: Making use of OSGi command line to debug Stratos products.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Yes Pradeep.

If we can list a set of commands for products, it will be easy yo in
element as Imesh mentioned.

Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.

Re: Making use of OSGi command line to debug Stratos products.

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Imesh,

I thought the same.  +1.

Udara,
nice work.... :). we should also try to implement things that enable us to
debug things effectively. like payload data for a certain cartridge, etc.
idea is like, get as much as information from the  stratos-controller
runtime context, before we go and debug the instances/jcloud/IaaS layer.

thanks,
--Pradeep

--
Pradeep Fernando.
http://pradeepfernando.blogspot.com/

Re: Making use of OSGi command line to debug Stratos products.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi devs,

I implemented following osgi console commands for AutoScaler

listASPolicies   --- list AutoScaling policies
listASPolicies  [id]  --- show AutoScaling policy for a givenID

listDeploymentPolicies -- list Deployment policies
listDeploymentPolicies [id]

listPartitions -- list Partitions
listPartitions [id]

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
+1 A great thought Pradeep!

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
+1. Will be very helpful.

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Software Engineer,

Re: Making use of OSGi command line to debug Stratos products.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
+1 will be help full for debugging