Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Drew Kutcharian <dr...@venarc.com> on 2013/02/05 19:47:27 UTC

Operation Consideration with Counter Column Families

Hey Guys,

Are there any specific operational considerations one should make when using counter columns families? How are counter column families stored on disk? How do they effect compaction?

-- Drew

Re: Operation Consideration with Counter Column Families

Posted by Drew Kutcharian <dr...@venarc.com>.
For anyone interested, I came across this video where Sylvain explains how counters are actually implemented in Cassandra.

http://vimeo.com/26011102

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Drew Kutcharian <dr...@venarc.com>.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.