Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Fr�d�ric Leneuf-Magaud <fr...@dgi.finances.gouv.fr> on 2000/11/07 11:40:18 UTC

general/6807: ISAPI & LOCALHOST not working properly

>Number:         6807
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       ISAPI & LOCALHOST not working properly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
1 - My ISAPI DLLs written with MS Visual C++ are no longer working. Only the Borland C++Builder DLLs work properly.
Everything was working with 1.3.12.
2 - "localhost" as server name doesn't seem to work properly. That was working fine with 1.3.12.
When I type "http://localhost" as URL in my browser, Apache doesn't send me the index.htm page as defined by the "Directory index" directive but only an index of the directory (forbidden by rules in the conf file!). There's no problem with "http://127.0.0.1".

So, 1.3.14 is not useful in this state.
Please don't say it is due to a misconfigured server. My httpd.conf is done as it is described in your doc and worked well before.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Modify or remove your "Radical surgery to improve mod_isapi support under Win32"
Idem for "localhost" handling code
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]

RE: general/6807: ISAPI & LOCALHOST not working properly

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

This is -very- interesting.  ISAPI recieved an overhaul, so it
isn't shocking, but we are about to release a version 1.3.15.
I suppose it could be related to how we load .dll's - your
error messages would be appreciated.  Are you suggesting the
-same- .dll compiled in c++ builder works, but not when built
with MSVC?  Which version?  Would you email a simple (echo)
type server to me (wrowe@apache.org) - bugs doesn't handle
binaries.  I'd like to examine the exports table.

> 2 - "localhost" as server name doesn't seem to work properly.
> That was working fine with 1.3.12.
> When I type "http://localhost" as URL in my browser, Apache
> doesn't send me the index.htm page as defined by the
> "Directory index" directive but only an index of the
> directory (forbidden by rules in the conf file!). There's no
> problem with "http://127.0.0.1".

Please email me (wrowe@apache.org) the .conf file.  Check that
there isn't an .htaccess file overriding what you changed in
the .conf, and please note any error messages you get when
starting up Apache.  I'll quote back the lines that caused a
problem (if any) but I don't like wasting the bugs database
with confs.