Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matthias Fischer <m....@abc-media.de> on 2002/08/21 17:28:55 UTC

I'm trying to built FO stylesheets in a modular way; the only way of
referencing modules I found was <xsl:include> or <xsl:import>, which
actually work only outside the <xsl:template> element. Instead of using
attribute sets, is there another way to reference entire portions of
sub-stylesheets into a stylesheet?

Where can I find a working example to take apart?

Matthias

Re:

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Matthias Fischer wrote:
> I'm trying to built FO stylesheets in a modular way; the only way of
> referencing modules I found was <xsl:include> or <xsl:import>, which
> actually work only outside the <xsl:template> element. Instead of using
> attribute sets, is there another way to reference entire portions of
> sub-stylesheets into a stylesheet?

Xsl:import and xsl:include are the means to modularize
XSLT scripts at the file level. In order to reuse
functionality within several templates, you can use
named templates or simply the usual matching templates.

You might want to look into the XSL FAQ or the XSL
list archives:
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

Followup questions are best asked on the XSL list,
as this is not all that closely related to FOP.

J.Pietschmann