Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@achatpublic.com> on 2003/11/28 10:48:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Why are these DSO modules "garbled" ??

Hi,

I compiled apache 1.3.29 with mod_ssl and mod_perl, with GNU make under
FreeBSD 5.1.
I set the maximum of modules to be DSO.

I have troubles with some modules loading.

Here is the relevant information :

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=unique_id
--enable-shared=unique_id --enable-module=define --enable-shared=define
--enable-module=env --enable-shared=env  --enable-module=rewrite
--enable-shared=rewrite --enable-module=speling --enable-shared=speling
--enable-module=expires --enable-shared=expires --enable-module=headers
--enable-shared=headers --enable-module=info --enable-shared=info
--enable-module=log_agent --enable-shared=log_agent
--enable-module=log_referer --enable-shared=log_referer
--enable-module=usertrack --enable-shared=usertrack
--enable-module=proxy --enable-shared=proxy --enable-module=userdir
--enable-shared=userdir --enable-module=so --enable-module=access
--enable-shared=access --enable-module=asis --enable-shared=asis
--enable-module=auth_db --enable-shared=auth_db
--enable-module=autoindex --enable-shared=autoindex
--enable-module=vhost_alias --enable-shared=vhost_alias
--enable-module=mmap_static --enable-shared=mmap_static
--enable-module=actions --enable-shared=actions --enable-module=auth
--enable-shared=auth --enable-module=auth_dbm --enable-shared=auth_dbm
--enable-module=cern_meta --enable-shared=cern_meta
--enable-module=digest --enable-shared=digest --enable-module=mime
--enable-shared=mime --enable-module=negotiation
--enable-shared=negotiation --enable-module=setenvif
--enable-shared=setenvif --enable-module=alias --enable-shared=alias
--enable-module=auth_anon --enable-shared=auth_anon
--enable-module=auth_digest --enable-shared=auth_digest
--enable-module=cgi --enable-shared=cgi --enable-module=dir
--enable-shared=dir --enable-module=include --enable-shared=include
--enable-module=imap --enable-shared=imap --enable-module=log_config
--enable-shared=log_config --enable-module=mime_magic
--enable-shared=mime_magic --enable-module=status --enable-shared=status
--enable-module=ssl --enable-shared=ssl
--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a --enable-module=perl

httpd.conf :

#LoadModule mmap_static_module libexec/mod_mmap_static.so
#LoadModule vhost_alias_module libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so
LoadModule env_module         libexec/mod_env.so
LoadModule define_module      libexec/mod_define.so
LoadModule config_log_module  libexec/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule agent_log_module   libexec/mod_log_agent.so
LoadModule referer_log_module libexec/mod_log_referer.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module  libexec/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule mime_module        libexec/mod_mime.so
LoadModule negotiation_module libexec/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule status_module      libexec/mod_status.so
LoadModule info_module        libexec/mod_info.so
LoadModule includes_module    libexec/mod_include.so
LoadModule autoindex_module   libexec/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule dir_module         libexec/mod_dir.so
LoadModule cgi_module         libexec/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule asis_module        libexec/mod_asis.so
LoadModule imap_module        libexec/mod_imap.so
LoadModule action_module      libexec/mod_actions.so
LoadModule speling_module     libexec/mod_speling.so
LoadModule userdir_module     libexec/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule alias_module       libexec/mod_alias.so
LoadModule rewrite_module     libexec/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule access_module      libexec/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_module        libexec/mod_auth.so
LoadModule anon_auth_module   libexec/mod_auth_anon.so
LoadModule dbm_auth_module    libexec/mod_auth_dbm.so
LoadModule db_auth_module     libexec/mod_auth_db.so
LoadModule digest_module      libexec/mod_digest.so
LoadModule digest_auth_module libexec/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule proxy_module       libexec/libproxy.so
LoadModule cern_meta_module   libexec/mod_cern_meta.so
LoadModule expires_module     libexec/mod_expires.so
LoadModule headers_module     libexec/mod_headers.so
LoadModule usertrack_module   libexec/mod_usertrack.so
LoadModule unique_id_module   libexec/mod_unique_id.so
LoadModule setenvif_module    libexec/mod_setenvif.so
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so
</IfDefine>

#  Reconstruction of the complete module list from all available modules
#  (static and shared ones) to achieve correct module execution order.
#  [WHENEVER YOU CHANGE THE LOADMODULE SECTION ABOVE UPDATE THIS, TOO]
ClearModuleList
#AddModule mod_mmap_static.c
#AddModule mod_vhost_alias.c
AddModule mod_env.c
AddModule mod_define.c
AddModule mod_log_config.c
AddModule mod_log_agent.c
AddModule mod_log_referer.c
AddModule mod_mime_magic.c
AddModule mod_mime.c
AddModule mod_negotiation.c
(... according to the section just above)

Error at startup :

CVS_DATA01# /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 208 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
API module structure `env_module' in file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_env.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an
Apache module DSO?
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Thanks for you help !!

If I use binaries for FreeBSD 5.1 of apache 1.3.29 + mod_ssl I get the
same error but with mod_define this time, wich is serious too.

Barbara Post

Re: [users@httpd] Newbe::localhost and 127.0.0.1

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Schalk wrote:
> You have to add the port number for example: http://localhost:4000/

What good do you propose that would do? Unless he isn't running on port 80,
which he obviously is doing.

Regards,
Robert Andersson

RE: [users@httpd] Newbe::localhost and 127.0.0.1

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.co.za>.
You have to add the port number for example: http://localhost:4000/

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Web Developer.Designer.Programmer.CEO
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
web: www.volume4.co.za

confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party
without the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error,
please notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original
email. Thank you.

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Newbe::localhost and 127.0.0.1

Posted by Jonathan Mangin <jo...@comcast.net>.
The file should be named hosts (no extension).

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
innocent wrote:
> In this folder >> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS I don't have
> the /etc/ folder in it. My Hosts.sam file is stored in the WINDOWS
> directory and it have the required entry
>
> 127.0.0.1    localhost

The ".sam" means "sample" (according to previous discussion on this list),
so it isn't "active" until you rename it to just "hosts".

I'm not too good on Windows 9x/ME, but I don't think that this is your
problem. If the problem would have been related to this file, it would be
because this files already was "active" and didn't specify localhost, or
gave it the wrong IP.

You may be able to get around it, by correctly configure the hosts file, but
there is still something wrong in there. I cannot say what, though.

Regards,
Robert Andersson

[users@httpd] Re: Newbe::localhost and 127.0.0.1

Posted by innocent <in...@tauraizimbabwe.com>.