Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2009/12/21 00:24:10 UTC

t5 restarting a t5 app in tomcat

hi,

not sure if this is t5 related, there are times that I have this problem
when restarting tomcat for t5 app:
1. stop the tomcat
2. copy the latest version of app
3. start tomcat

tomcat got started, but can not see the app's page, in the log, i can see
those dispatchers got called, but just no page can be accessed. I have to
update the server.xml to increase the maxThreads, then restart tomcat, it
will show now the main page, what might be the cause of this problem?

a.c.

Re: t5 restarting a t5 app in tomcat

Posted by Olle Hallin <ol...@hit.se>.
Do you deploy a war file or an exploded web app?

If you deploy a war file, Tomcat will explode it internally to
$CATALINA_BASE/webapps/myapp/ (if your app is myapp.war).

When you deploy a new version of the war file, you must also delete the
exploded version, or else anything can happen.

Also, try to see if deleting the $CATALINA_BASE/work/ folder helps.

Olle Hallin
Senior Java Developer and Architect
olle.hallin@crisp.se
www.crisp.se