Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Nandani Aggarwal <na...@paxcel.net> on 2012/03/06 09:22:09 UTC

Regarding promos

Hello everyone,

I am working on promotions.I have learned to create promotions but want to
know how and when do these promotions get apply to orders.
I have seen one field "Req. Code" under "Promotion" tab in Promos.If this
field is set to "y" then only promotion get apply to orders according to
condition or rules.
I want to know if this field is set to "Y" then at which point this
promotion get apply to orders.

Hope to get positive response soon.

Thanks and Regards
Nandani Aggarwal

Re: Regarding promos

Posted by Ritu Raj Lakhera <rr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nandni,

Go over these http://bigfish.salmonllc.com/bfDemo.html demos admin section.
These illuminate the promotion in very well manner.I think that will help
for you.

Regards
Ritu

Re: Regarding promos

Posted by de...@tcs.com.
Hi Krishan,

Implicit promotions, get invoked when ProductPromoWorker.doPromotions() is
called during Cart addition/Modification
Explicit promotions, gets invoked on trigger from user.

This is already existing in all the demo versions of ofbiz.
Anyways, the following steps explains in detail for USER ENTERED
Discount/Promo Code
1. Keep the text field name in the front end as - "productPromoCodeId"
2. Submit the form with the action as - "<@ofbizUrl>addpromocode
</...@ofbizUrl>"

Hope this helps!!

Deb Panda

From:
<kr...@paxcel.net>
To:
<us...@ofbiz.apache.org>
Date:
03/06/2012 03:45 PM
Re: Regarding promos

In other case, I want to show a textbox in last step of checkout (you can
say payment options page) where customer can give promotional code and
click on ?Apply? button. Promotions should be applied only after clicking
on ?Apply? button rather than automatically as it is happening in current
e-commerce site.

How to do this?

Thanks,
Krishan Babbar

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain
privileged or confidential information. It is solely for use by the
individual for whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. If you
received this email in error please notify the sender, do not disclose,
copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the contents of this
information; and delete it from your system. Any other use of this email
is prohibited. Thank you for your compliance.

I am working on promotions.I have learned to create promotions but want to
know how and when do these promotions get apply to orders.
I have seen one field "Req. Code" under "Promotion" tab in Promos.If this
field is set to "y" then only promotion get apply to orders according to
condition or rules.
I want to know if this field is set to "Y" then at which point this
promotion get apply to orders.

Hope to get positive response soon.

Thanks and Regards
Nandani Aggarwal