Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1995/09/06 01:27:37 UTC

HPUX buf cache

Well it turns out that HPUX has a known bug in that its buffer cache
algorithm is misconfigured. (There's a HP patch buried somewhere at HP).

We have 3 HPsUX machines with 64Mb, and as I said before they
all swallowed 20-30Mb of RAM and caused applications to go to
VM.

We now have them set to 6Mb max cache, and things are much more responsive,
while the cache hit rate is still very high.

If any of you run HPsUX, change the buffer cache limits ASAP !

rob