Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2013/03/05 01:49:10 UTC

Re: Apache Build Service?

Hi Ben,

On 2/28/13 12:51 PM, "Benjamin Mahler" <bm...@twitter.com> wrote:

>Hey Chris,
>
>Thanks for the info! I just checked this out with vinod, and the OS
>diversity is much lower than we anticipated. Why isn't there a spread
>of ubuntu versions or any CentOS versions? What about a spread of
>OSX versions?

No clue :) Probably depends on what was donated to us at the ASF, and
what infra has purchased. I know some companies have donated build slaves
for Jenkins (e.g., I think Hadoop has some donated slaves), so you may want
to talk to infrastructure@a.o about that (via email or via IRC #asfinfra).

>Are there plans to expand the diversity? We ideally need a spread of
>OSes and (usually coincidental) a spread of gcc's. 32 bit and 64 bit
>would be awesome as well!

Ask infra :)

It depends on time, resources, and budget :) And volunteer willingness,
I'm sure.

Cheers,
Chris