Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by George <ge...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/15 03:42:51 UTC

ingesting web server logs, or log4j log files from a boss server

Hi all.

Please advise, a real noob here still, unpacking how the stack still
works...

if I have a mySQL server, or a web server, or a 2 node JBOSS cluster.

If I want to use the mysql connector to connect to the MySQL DB to pull
data using CDC... then I need to install the Kafka stack on the DB server,
I understand that this will be a stand alone install, assume with no
zookeeper involved.

Similarly for the apache web server and the 2 JBOSS servers

You have the obligation to inform one honestly of the risk, and as a person
you are committed to educate yourself to the total risk in any activity!

Once informed & totally aware of the risk,
every fool has the right to kill or injure themselves as they see fit!

Re: ingesting web server logs, or log4j log files from a boss server

Posted by George <ge...@gmail.com>.
thanks

Posted by Robin Moffatt <ro...@confluent.io>.

Posted by George <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom

Posted by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com>.
Hi George,

Posted by George <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robin

Ok, been reading, been asking some more questions and as far as something
like Spooldir is concerned, as a connector, I will need to NFS mount the
directory where the logs files are, be that our own custom files, or apache
http.log files onto the Connect cluster.

Yes a connector like a Cassandra connector (and syslog as it can push the
syslog information to the connect cluster, similarly log4j can push towards
a cluster) can work remotely, but connectors working on file ingesting
needs.

Posted by Robin Moffatt <ro...@confluent.io>.