Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Jairo Sarabia <ja...@appstylus.com> on 2012/03/20 19:38:56 UTC

Asian Sentence Detector Models

Hi all,

I see there aren't Sentence Detect Models for Asian languages in openNLP
repository and I need these ones.
I've to train Sentence Detect Models for Chinese, Japanese and Korean
languages, but I don't know these languages.
How coud I get the data train files for these languages?

Thanks in advance!,

Jairo Sarabia

Re: Asian Sentence Detector Models

Posted by "Jim - FooBar();" <ji...@gmail.com>.
Doesn't  the guy that posted the original question have any sample
texts? I got the idea that he had but does not know the language(s)...

Jim

Posted by "wl.gao.tkl@gmail" <wl...@gmail.com>.
You can. Almost every time we use this symbol to signal the end of a
sentence.
However, sometimes, it can be missing, especially in a dialogue or chatroom.

Gao

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 03/22/2012 06:00 AM, wl.gao.tkl@gmail.com wrote:
> Both languages use a small circle like "。" to signal the end of a
> sentence.

Would it make sense to make a rule based sentence splitter, which always
splits
on "。" ?

Jörn

Re: Asian Sentence Detector Models

Posted by wl...@gmail.com.
Both languages use a small circle like "。" to signal the end of a sentence.

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by wl-gao <wl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.
Don't worry,

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.
Jorn,

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "william.colen@gmail.com" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by "Jim - FooBar();" <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.
Jim,

I know Korean and they don't use punctuation like Europeans do.  It is a
different set of rules.

James

Posted by "Jim - FooBar();" <ji...@gmail.com>.