Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/08/18 20:30:08 UTC

Re: svn commit: r804477 - in /lucene/solr/trunk/example/exampledocs: hd.xml mem.xml sd500.xml vidcard.xml

: If you think "NOW" is a bad date value for the exampledocs, we could
: change them to specific dates, but I'd rather avoid any defaults in
: the example schema.

but that's the whole point of the field ... that's why it's called
"timestamp" ... it provides a timestamp of when a document was indexed.

I'd rather just leave the timestampe field completley commented out with
the comment about how it can be used if you uncomment. leaving a timestamp
field in w/o a default value, and putting values into doc files is relaly
confusing.

We have other date fields we can use to show off date features.

-Hoss

Re: svn commit: r804477 - in /lucene/solr/trunk/example/exampledocs: hd.xml mem.xml sd500.xml vidcard.xml

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: OK - any suggestions on what field to use for our example docs?  It

i changed it to be manufacturedate_dt since that fits with the existing
scheme ... the data is all made up, but so is all hte rest of our data.

-Hoss

Re: svn commit: r804477 - in /lucene/solr/trunk/example/exampledocs: hd.xml mem.xml sd500.xml vidcard.xml

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Chris
Hostetter<ho...@fucit.org> wrote:
> We have other date fields we can use to show off date features.

OK - any suggestions on what field to use for our example docs?  It
could either be a dynamic field or a normal one... but I'm drawing a
creative blank for the name.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com