Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ravi Sundaar <rs...@cysive.com> on 2002/10/17 22:12:12 UTC

Problem with JWS

Hi,

I have deployed Apache Axis 1.0 under BEA weblogic 6.1. I copied the sample
java file "Calculator.jws" under <root>/axis. When I invoke the URL
"http://localhost:7001/axis/Calculator.jws?wsdl", the server responds with a
WSDL. However, when I invoke the URL
http://localhost:7001/axis/Calculator.jws, I get a HTTP 404 - File not found
error.

Is this a problem? Should I report this as a bug?

Thanks,

Ravi Sundaar
Cysive, Inc
703-259-2490 x1282 (w)
703-585-7927 (c)

Re: Problem with JWS

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> I have deployed Apache Axis 1.0 under BEA weblogic 6.1. I copied the
sample
> java file "Calculator.jws" under <root>/axis. When I invoke the URL
> "http://localhost:7001/axis/Calculator.jws?wsdl", the server responds with
> WSDL. However, when I invoke the URL
> http://localhost:7001/axis/Calculator.jws, I get a HTTP 404 - File not
found
> error.
>
> Is this a problem?

not really, if the wsdl is valid, you can talk to the calculator

> Should I report this as a bug?

its an open bug already.

What were you expecting from the URL? A fancy .net style form based
interface to the endpoint?