Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Mass Dosage <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/11 11:32:11 UTC

Re: HIVE-21508 and Hive 2.3.7 question

+1.

At Expedia Group  we are big users of Hive and are also experiencing issues
with not being able to use Hive 2.3.x on Java >8 which is starting to
seriously impact some of our applications which require Java 11. We worked
on HIVE-21508 in order to get it merged into the various branches and have
been asking for a Hive 2.3.7 release for months with no replies to our
questions on this mailing list.

Could someone from the Hive community please answer and let us know if
there is the possibility of a Hive 2.3.7 release? I've seen at least two
other requests for this on the list over the past few months.

If not we will be forced to fork the current 2.3 branch and release our own
version of Hive 2.3.7 to Maven Central (with a different group id) so that
we can use it (it sounds like this would be useful to others out there
too). We'd really rather not do this but I don't see any other solutions.

Thanks,

Adrian
--
Adrian Woodhead