Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Pavel Kukačka <pa...@seznam.cz> on 2011/04/29 14:56:42 UTC

Highlighting in fields other than content

Hello,

	I've got a (probably trivial) issue I can't resolve with Solr 3.1:
I have a document with common fields (title, keywords, content) and I'm
trying to use highlighting.
	With the content field there is no problem; works normally. However,
when I search for a document via its keyword, the document is found, but
the response doesn't have the highlighted snippet - there is only an
empty node - like this:
******************
.
.
.
<lst name="highlighting">
  <lst name="2008"/>
</lst>
</response>
************************

As for the highlighting params, I have set:
	hl=on
	hl.fl=*

If I just substitute the searchterm for something from the content, the
resulting response is fine - like this:
************************************
.
.
.
<lst name="2008">
  <arr name="content">
    <str>
 ustanoven&#237; t&#283;chto VOP, ZOP, smlouvy &#269;i  <em
id="highlighting">dru&#382;stvem</em> na stran&#283; jedn&#233; a
Klienty na stran&#283; druh&#233;
na jin&#233;ho
    </str>
.
.
.
************************************

Does anyone see what I've omitted?

Cheers,
Pavel

Re: Highlighting in fields other than content

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
I think your issue may depend on the keyword field having stored="false" or
the field type not defining a Tokenizer.
You may find the following useful:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldOptionsByUseCase
My 2 cents,
Tommaso

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
What is your field definition for "keyword"?
In particular, is it stored?

This page might help.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldOptionsByUseCase?highlight=%28termvector%29|%28retrieve%29|%28contents%29

Best