Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2006/06/09 19:45:53 UTC

HiveMind Cookbook...

All,

I am considering writing a "HiveMind Cookbook."  What would you guys like to
see in something like this?  I already have ideas like:

1.  How to use AspectJ in HiveMind
2.  How to use Hibernate in HiveMind
3.  How to use Acegi Security in HiveMind

I would also probably cover stuff like configurations (of course), pipelines
and chains and strategies, etc.  What are some other common uses for
HiveMind that you have encountered?

James

Re: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com>.
No, not yet. But I fancy it very much. Hadn't got the time nore need
to dig deeper into it yet, though. sadly enough, I never met anybody
using it. Did it ever get out of the scientific scene?

It seems the whole world is going after web services not considering
any other distribution technology.

-- Stefan

RE: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com>.
Hi James,

RE: Re: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
So, a "recipe" on how to build a non-default registry.  Got it!  Thanks!

  _____

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.

RE: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Oooh.  Good one.  I'm not the JMX expert, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

  _____

Re: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
JMX

Re: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by Achim Hügen <ac...@gmx.de>.
What about

- How to use hivemind in j2ee application containers (lookup of
datasources, ejbs etc.)

Do have any plans on the format of the 'cookbook'?
I would suggest to write it in a wiki.

I would even propose to move a big part of the current documentation to
a wiki. Hivedoc. etc could stay at the site, but everything that
has a tutorial/cookbook flavour should move to the wiki.
The current doc is too scattered in the moment IMHO and updates are
bound to our rare releases.
A wiki would allow other developers/user to contribute quite easily
or at least comment on errors or lacking parts.
Confluence is a great wiki for these things, it allows export of
statical html or pdf for releases and archives.

Achim

RE: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Great ideas, Davor!  Thank you.  I'll be sure to keep these in mind.

  _____

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.

RE: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Great ideas!  Keep 'em coming!

Re: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Re: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
How and when to write your own service implementation factory, or
service interceptor factory.

The latter could even be split into light weight (using JDK proxies)
or heavy weight (using Javassist/ClassFab).