Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Roberts, Geoffry [USA]" <Ro...@bah.com> on 2021/04/21 14:56:47 UTC

Running Apache Accumulo on Amazon EMR

All,

I am confronted with running Accumulo on AWS.  I found this:  Running Apache Accumulo on Amazon EMR<https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/big-data/running-apache-accumulo-on-amazon-emr/>, which should be just what I need but it is five years old.  It gives a recipe that implies that Accumulo can be installed from a staged place within AWS.  Does anyone know if one could simply update the version numbers make a go of it?

I need Accumulo 2.0 and java 13+ these days.  I find AWS to be quite silent lately wrt Accumulo, which raises a concern that the aforementioned recipe is now stale.

Thanks

Re: [External] Running Apache Accumulo on Amazon EMR

Posted by Brian Loss <br...@gmail.com>.
If you don’t have to use EMR specifically and can use EC2, then Muchos (https://github.com/apache/fluo-muchos) might help you.

Re: [External] Re: Running Apache Accumulo on Amazon EMR

Posted by "Roberts, Geoffry [USA]" <Ro...@bah.com>.
Thanks Christopher,

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.