Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Taylor, Stuart" <sx...@utdallas.edu> on 2015/07/15 00:36:13 UTC

ctakes umlsuserapprover authentication error

Hello,

I have installed ctakes 3.2.2 using the instructions linked to on the download page, but I am currently receiving the following error when I run runctakesCVD.sh and try to load AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml

14 Jul 2015 16:01:43 ERROR UmlsUserApprover - UMLS Account at https://uts.nlm.nih.gov/restful/isValidUMLSUser is not valid for user my_username with my_password

where I replaced my actual username with my_username, and my actual password with my_password. I verified the information by logging into the umls website by copy/pasting the username/password from the error message into the login fields.

When poking around to see if anyone else had this problem I noticed that it was an issue with version 3.2.1, but that it had been fixed in version 3.2.2.

I can load and run AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml without any errors.

In case it is relevant my UMLS license got approved earlier today.

RE: ctakes umlsuserapprover authentication error

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Stuart,

That is strange.  Both dictionaries validate the username in the same way, so if it works for one it should work for the other.  I am guessing that this problem is repeatable, but I have to ask if you've tested the different dictionaries on different machines or different locations, i.e. at work vs. at home?

Sean