Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jann Linder <ja...@jann.com> on 2002/08/06 19:57:23 UTC

Apache::SessionX and mod_perl

Sorry for so many questions, people...BUT here goes another one.

(ps: thanks for the responses to my last one.  I will try the suggestions.
I didn't know the browser 'munged' the FORM href as well...that is what I
was most worried about)

Okay, here goes another one. [possibly SOMEWHAT off-topic]

On one of my servers which was built months after our production server, we
are using Apache::Session 1.03 and 1.54 and Apache-SessionX-2.00b3
This server's session ids are 32 chars

The other server (production) has Apache::Session 1.03, 1.53 and DOES NOT
have Apache-sessionX.
This server's session ids are 16 chars

NOW, OUTSIDE of the fact that this is bad practice (not having the exact
same versions) is there any danger that anyone knows of) of upgrading from
1.53 to 1.54 AND adding Apache Session 2.xx to the production server.

Both servers use mod_perl 1.26, apache 1.3.2x and Emberl 1.3x

Due to the fact that someone else compiled the production server I know I
should recompile the entire thing, however, I am loath to take down
production for the time it would take.  Without doing this I would not be
able to use the servers interchangably (sp?).

So, what (if anyone knows) are the dangers to my mod_perl setup if I ADD
apache::Sessionx to the production?  I know sometimes there are problems and
want to circumvent them if possible.

Thanks in advance

Jann

--