Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/06/29 06:05:53 UTC

[Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis2C/utils/tcpmon" by Samitha Kuruppu

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by Samitha Kuruppu:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2C/utils/tcpmon

New page:
'''Samitha Jayamal Kuruppu'''

'''TCPMon for Axis2/C'''
----
||''My Name''||||Samitha Jayamal kuruppu||
||''E-mail''||||samithakuruppu@yahoo.co.in,bkasjk03@ent.mrt.ac.lk||

----
'''''Project Description'''''

Existing TCP Monitor in Axis2Java is a monitoring program. It can capture the SOAP messages sent and received. SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) Message is a well-formed XML document. Not only SOAP messages by using that we can monitor REST messages going as pure xml's without SOAP env's and standard HTMLs

And SOAP Message defines a set of rules for structuring messages that can be used for simple one-way messaging but is particularly useful for performing RPC-style (Remote Procedure Call) request-response dialogues.
To monitor soap messages by using  TCP monitor we select a local port which will monitor for incoming connections(messages), then it will forward those connections into  port number on the target machine. If  SOAP connection is made to the local port then we can see the request appear in the "Request" panel, and the response from the server in the "Response" panel.
Existing Axis2Java TCP monitor has two main features,
			       *Capture the SOAP messages sent and received
			       *Slow connection simulation (By using this feature we can simulate the network connection speed)
			       *Send a copy/pasted (manually edited) SOAP message to an endpoint
My project is developing a TCP monitor in C witch has the same level of functionality but with out GUI, I’ll develop it in command line interface, including slow connection simulation. And I’m going to use Axis2java TCP monitoring architecture for my project.

----