Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Samuel Kidman <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 03:17:02 UTC

Contributing to couchdb-fauxton

Hello

Just writing to introduce myself. I am interested in contributing to
fauxton. I know javascript but I don't know erlang, would really like to
learn more of that language though.

I have not contributed to open source before but it is something I have
always wanted to do, just never been sure how to get started. I feel
confident enough in my programming skills now that I might be able to
contribute.

In my day job I am a System Administrator, I have not used couchdb for work
purposes but I have used it for some hobby projects so I have learnt some
of it's features.

I have submitted two pull requests to fauxton so far. I would like to work
on changing the config page to react.js. Let me know if this is a good
thing to work on, or if I should try fix some other things first.

Thanks
Sam Kidman

Re: Contributing to couchdb-fauxton

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi Sam,

Welcome. Thanks for the contributions so far. I will review your
outstanding PR as soon as I get some time.
Working on the config area is great. With CouchDB 2.0 we might not ship the
config section because CouchDB 2.0 manages the config section differently.
But it is still useful to convert it.
If you need help please let me know.

Cheers
Garren