Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2017/02/17 14:58:38 UTC

[FlexJS][Maven] import not recognized when trying to create RemoteObject with reflection API dependencies

Hi,

trying to create a RemoteObject AMF class in Network lib

I need to use reflection API (getClassByAlias, registerClassAlias,...), so
I add to the pom a dependency

<dependencies>

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.flex.flexjs.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>Reflection</artifactId>
      <version>0.8.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>swc</type>
    </dependency>

But compilation fails:

[INFO] Executing COMPC in tool group FlexJS with args:
[-load-config=/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Network/target/compile-js-config.xml,
-js-output-type=FLEXJS, -compiler.strict-xml=true]
/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Network/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/net/RemoteObject.as(25):
col: 9 Definition org.apache.flex.reflection.getClassByAlias could not be
found.
import org.apache.flex.reflection.getClassByAlias;
      ^
/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Network/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/net/RemoteObject.as(26):
col: 9 Definition org.apache.flex.reflection.registerClassAlias could not
be found.
import org.apache.flex.reflection.registerClassAlias;
      ^

So something that should be basic does not work for me. I'm sure that is
something obvious that I can't see.
Why I can use other SWC dependencies in my SWC library?

Thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [FlexJS][Maven] import not recognized when trying to create RemoteObject with reflection API dependencies

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
I created a bug

FLEX-35270 - Reflection API expose methods without classes that can't be
used <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-35270>

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS][Maven] import not recognized when trying to create RemoteObject with reflection API dependencies

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Ok Josh, so if that should work I don't understand why I can't use it in
Network.swc
I try HTTPService and works ok, so I declare the lib in the right way I
think while registerClassAlias is not found.
I think this is not a maven issue, but something related to the compiler.
do you know what could be the problem?

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS][Maven] import not recognized when trying to create RemoteObject with reflection API dependencies

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex,

that does the trick! I need an additional dependency with

      <classifier>typedefs</classifier>

The case is that I'm pretty sure that I setup in the right way from start
but compilation issues made me remove them.

Anyway many thanks! I get remote object amp code to compile. Now the tricky
part to get an example fully working ;)

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS][Maven] import not recognized when trying to create RemoteObject with reflection API dependencies

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
ok Chris,

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS][Maven] import not recognized when trying to create RemoteObject with reflection API dependencies

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Carlos,

    --

    Carlos Rovira
    Director General

    proceda a su destrucción.

    necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS][Maven] import not recognized when trying to create RemoteObject with reflection API dependencies

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi searching on list I found this:

http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/FlexJS-AMFJS-Class-Mapping-tp14106p14109.html

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS][Maven] import not recognized when trying to create RemoteObject with reflection API dependencies

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS][Maven] import not recognized when trying to create RemoteObject with reflection API dependencies

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Carlos,

I just had a look at the class which is a Function outside a class and not a class itself … never seen such a thing.
So I had a look at the output and couldn’t find any. It seems most modules have a “ModuleNameClasses” class to tell the compiler what to compile or a manifest to do something similar, but it seems this module doesn’t and therefore the compiler doesn’t compile anything.