Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ben S <br...@yahoo.com> on 2013/11/07 02:14:52 UTC

Issue w/ Ajax and setting form containers visible in Deployment mode.

Hello,

I've been trying to work on this issue for hours and have had no luck.

Basically, my code works just fine in development mode as intended, however when in Deployment mode I can't seem to get WebMarkupContainers toggle between visibility.

If they're visible, they won't go invisible, however if they are invisible they will toggle visible.

However, the markup containers seems to work as expected when the form is passed to the AjaxRequestTarget,  however this will clear all the data that's on the form page, even though the form is set up for a compound property model..

Is there any way to set the webmarkupcontainers visible to false using ajax in Deployment mode?

Re: Issue w/ Ajax and setting form containers visible in Deployment mode.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Show us your code.
It is possible to do what you need but we cannot say what is wrong from the
provided information.

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
Look inside your Application's init() method for something similar to:

if(usesDevelopmentConfig()) {
    getDebugSettings().setAjaxDebugModeEnabled(true);
    getDebugSettings().setOutputMarkupContainerClassName(true);
    getDebugSettings().setDevelopmentUtilitiesEnabled(true);
    getRequestLoggerSettings().setRecordSessionSize(true);
    getRequestLoggerSettings().setRequestLoggerEnabled(true);
    getResourceSettings().getResourceWatcher(true);
// and others...
}

Also get familiar with the different modes a wicket app runs in as the
configuration is different and could mess up with your JavaScript on the
page.

~ Thank you,
  Paul Bors

Posted by Ben S <br...@yahoo.com>.
Thank for the clarification; I'll be sure to keep that in mind with future development. My web application is now running as designed, thanks for your feedback everyone!

On Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:46 PM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi,

<wicket:xyz> tags are not rendered in deployment mode.
See IMarkupSettings#setStripWicketTags(boolean)

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Ben S <br...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ben S <br...@yahoo.com>.