Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by John Utz <ut...@singingfish.com> on 2002/01/12 01:18:56 UTC

xerces-c-1.6.0 schemaLocation problem on FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE

hi;

i can get this error with any schema and instance:

bash-2.05$ /usr/home/spaz/Compile/xerces-c-src1_6_0/bin/SAX2Count Test.xml

Fatal Error at file /usr/home/spaz/Xml/XMLSNs/Test.xml, line 4, char 65
  Message: The schemaLocation attribute does not contain pairs of values.

here is the runConfigure args i used, based on searching in the list

for building the parser

   sh ./runConfigure -p freebsd -c gcc -x g++ -t IconvFBSD

for building the samples

  sh ./runConfigure -p freebsd -c gcc -x g++

here is the schema and instance, i just obtained them from a thread on the
xerces-j mailing list and it was much simpler than the schema i was using,
so i thought it would be a good test case. thankyou David Ezell
<Da...@Verifone.Com>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema targetNamespace="http://lnk.com/test"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
        xmlns:test="http://lnk.com/test" elementFormDefault="unqualified">
        <element name="Product" type="test:ProductType"/>
        <element name="GlobMsg" type="string"/>
        <complexType name="ProductType">
                <sequence>
                        <element name="Msg" type="test:MsgType"/>
                        <element ref="test:GlobMsg" minOccurs="0"/>
                </sequence>
        </complexType>
        <complexType name="MsgType">
                <attribute name="Type" type="string"/>
        </complexType>
</schema>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<test:Product xmlns:test="http://lnk.com/test"
              xsi:schemaLocation="http://lnk.com/test test.xsd">
        <Msg Type="SitRep"/>
        <test:GlobMsg>hello world</test:GlobMsg>
</test:Product>

Re: xerces-c-1.6.0 schemaLocation problem on FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE

Posted by John Utz <ut...@singingfish.com>.
Hi Tinny;

thanks for trying it on your windows box. i'll try it on my linux box
today or tomorrow.

i now suspect that it's FreeBSD specific. note that freebsd is the newest
port of xerces-c and the tokenizing is supposedly somewhat unusual.

i 'spose i need to rebuild this with -g (if it wasnt built with -g by
default) and step thru it.....

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
John,