Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manoj Kithany <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/19 00:55:30 UTC

RE:Ref: John's reply -> Apache+Tomcat Error (No Context configured)

Hi Experts,

Greetings!

With reference to John's last email, I created the context in SERVER.XML
file and added a following CONTEXT:
<Context path="/kithany" docBase="/kithany" debug="0" />

When I run my Jboss(Tomcat) I get following ERROR at the console:
16:51:52,986 INFO  [EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] deploy, ctxPath=/kithany,
warUrl=file:/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/deploy/kithany.war/76.kithany.war

16:51:53,070 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not start deployment:
file:/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/deploy/kithany.war
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/naming/TransactionRef
        at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java(Compiled
Code))

Also, my Directory structure is as follows:
/kithany
/kithany/META-INF/application.xml
/kithany/WEB-INF/web.xml
/kithany/foo.jsp
/kithany/index.html
/kithany/kithany.war

I have my APPLICATION.XML file as follows:
<application>
<display-name>KITHANY</display-name>
<module>
<web>
<web-uri>kithany.war</web-uri>
<context-root>/kithany</context-root>
</web>
</module>
</application>

And, my WEB.XML file is as:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app
<web-app>
    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>
            30
        </session-timeout>
    </session-config>
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>
            index.jsp
        </welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>
            index.html
        </welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>
            index.htm
        </welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

I then creat WAR file as follows:
#pwd
#/kithany
#jar -cvfM kithany.war .

Which I then, put it into /jboss/server/default/deploy and then start my
JBOSS(Tomcat/Catalina) Server and then on browser, I type following:
http://MY_IP_ADDR_ESS:8080/kithany
http://MY_IP_ADDR_ESS:8080/kithany/index.html

but it gives still gives following message.
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process
this request

Experts, could you please guide me on to this.

THANKS to you and to John.

Manoj G. Kithany