Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Zhongming cai <ca...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/04/05 20:23:06 UTC

help needed to build mahout in eclipse

Hi,

I am new to Maven and mahout and I am try to follow the notes at http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/buildingmahout.html to build mahout in eclipse.

I included maths and collections modules,  and manually added /target/generate-sources folder to the build path for collections module by navigating to property->java build path -> source ->add folder.

But the collections module does not compile with the following errors.

The method add(Object) of type OpenHashSet<T> must override a superclass method    OpenHashSet.java    /mahout-collections/src/main/java/org

The method addAll(Collection<? extends T>) of type OpenHashSet<T> must override a superclass method    OpenHashSet.java    /mahout-collections/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/math/set

The method addAllOf(ByteArrayList) of type AbstractByteList must override a superclass method    AbstractByteList.java    /mahout-collections/target/generated-sources/org/apache/mahout/math/list

Also, if I run Maven build/install/etc from eclipse Run As menu, it complains missing settings.xml file.

Am I missing anthing here, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Zhongming Cai

Re: help needed to build mahout in eclipse

Posted by Zhongming cai <ca...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks for your help.

It works now.

Regards,