Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Alexey Solofnenko <A....@mdl.com> on 2003/03/07 22:09:35 UTC

A very long classpath problem.

Hello,

  I just got a problem with a very long classpath (size ~44K) - javac could
not find classes. The situation happened when I reused some subcomponent
classpath in other components and many jars became duplicated. I would
rather stick with reusing - I do not want to retype classpath for every
component and deal with classpath modifications. Do you think it should be
done in <javac>?

I tried to use <script> in 1.6 nightly and it does not seem working. Was
anybody successful using <script> in 1.6alpha.

- Alexey.

--
{ http://trelony.cjb.net/   } Alexey N. Solofnenko
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)

RE: A very long classpath problem.

Posted by Rick Sansburn <rs...@clareos.com>.
Have you tried using the "classpathref" in your javac task?  This way
you would only have to enter the classpath once.

Ex....
<path id="classpath">
  <fileset dir="${catalina_home}\common\lib">
    <include name="xerces.jar" />
  </fileset>
  <fileset dir="${app_root}\WEB-INF\lib">
    <include name="axis.jar" />
    <include name="jaxrpc.jar" />
    ... More includes here
  </fileset>
</path>

<target name="compile" description="Compiles all source code.">
  <javac srcdir="${src.dir}"
    destdir="${dest.dir}\WEB-INF\classes"
    verbose="true"
    classpathref="classpath"/>