Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Avery Buffington <av...@fundsxpress.com> on 2001/10/18 20:27:56 UTC

Transfer-Encoding in Tomcat

I've been reading the changes from 3.2 to 3.3 and I see that support for
transfer-encoding has been added to mod_jk.  Does this effect the end
browsers at all?  It seems to me that the only thing that would use
mod_jk would be apache to hand of the request to tomcat.  After the jsp
is compiled and returned to apache then apache handles all the content
transfer stuff back to the browser, am I correct in this assumption?

What I'm getting at is some users expierence proxy errors along the
lines of "incorrectly formatted chunked messages" and such.  I'm
wondering if the problem is related to tomcat, apache, or possibly one
of the other afiliate sites that are pulled from the page.

thanks,

-avery

--
****************************
Avery Buffington

"Let's call it an accidental feature." --Larry Wall

URGENT - 404 Not Found with Service Tomcat-Apache

Posted by ms...@free.fr.
Hi,

How do I tell Apache that when I point the http://localhost/test URL, it must
call my Tomcat webapp ? (The "404 not found" error appears instead).

Config :
Apache 1.3.12
Tomcat 4.0
moweb_app.so : OK

Httpd.conf
----------
<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName 192.168.0.3
  WebAppConnection conn warp 192.168.0.3:8008
  WebAppDeploy test conn /test
</VirtualHost>

Server.xml
----------
<Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to -->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="192.168.0.3" debug="0" appBase="webapps">

        <Context path="/test" docBase="formation" debug="0" reloadable="true">
                     prefix="localhost_examples_log." suffix=".txt"
                  timestamp="true"/>

        </Context>

    </Engine>
</Service>