Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com> on 2014/04/26 06:25:57 UTC

Include a binary file in a patch

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to generate a patch to include a new
binary file? I found myself needing to include an Avro data file as part of
a test. I have been playing .gitattributes without success.

Also, I found that Git thinks some of Hive's .q.out files are binary. Thus,
when I regenerated the test output and generated a patch using git diff,
the patch doesn't include the diff. Instead, the patch including something
like "Binary file X and Y diff".  I guess this is the same problem as above.

Any input is greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
Xuefu

Re: Include a binary file in a patch

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.
Yes. That worked for me. Thanks, Harish!

--Xuefu

Posted by Harish Butani <hb...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE