Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <ra...@vefko.ch> on 2020/08/18 18:02:23 UTC

What you use as site generator?

Hi all

I found out that the second demo server who is listed on the demo page
http://openmeetings.apache.org/demo.html dos not work at all. This is
already since long time. It looks like this is a vm at the apache
infrastructure. dose anyone knows what happened to this VM.

If it's no longer available, we should get ride of it.

Regards Raphael

--
Raphael Bircher, Präsident Vefko.ch
Mein persönlicher Blog https://www.raphaelbircher.blog

Re: What you use as site generator?

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
There is a guide on how to update the OpenMeetings site:
https://openmeetings.apache.org/WebsiteGuide.html

It's a bit confusing at times though as our site also has some other static
HTML files :)

Thanks
Seb

Sebastian Wagner
Director Arrakeen Solutions
http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url>

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raphael Bircher <ra...@vefko.ch>.
Hi Maxim

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Raphael,

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 21:49, Raphael Bircher <ra...@vefko.ch> wrote:

> Hi Maxim
>
> Nice, then I can save the Swiss chocolate for Gavin for the next
> incident ;-)

Actually it was Chris https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20730 :)))

The main reason with OM down on this demo was: it seems RAM was
reduced to 4GB (htop reports 3.7GB)

> But I still don't know whats the Site generator and how it works. Do you
> have a link for it?

I'm a bit confused with the question :(
Site generator is something for generating static site. For ex.
https://openmeetings.apache.org/  is being generated with Maven

all demo servers are being updated with bash script written by me :)
it checks if new build is available at build server and set it up :)

I run it manually at demo-next, and with cron at apache-demo :)

Posted by Raphael Bircher <ra...@vefko.ch>.
Hi Maxim

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
should work now :)