Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mamdouh Kaadan <MK...@areeba.com.sy> on 2006/08/27 18:37:33 UTC

Check DB connection availability

Dear all

I'm facing a problem with my DB connections, I have 2 DBs, one life and
the other is Backup.

Sometimes, the life one due to unexpected error shut down suddenly, and
all the pages in OFBiz related to this DB give an error.

How can I check if the connection is still available or not, and in case
of unavailability, how can I connect to the backup DB in a transparent
way??

The DBA advised me to retrieve the data through stored procedures, but
as I know, the stored procedure is not supported by OFBiz.

Please advice

Kind regards

==================================

Mamdouh Kaadan

Re: Check DB connection availability

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Which database are you using? Some database drivers are a bit inane
by default and don't reconnect to the database automatically. For
these there is usually a JDBC uri parameter to turn on this option.

Use stored procedures to get the data? I have no idea how this would
help with a lost connection problem... but it certainly does follow
the what has been the database design and DBA agenda for the first
few decades of the life of databases... ;)

-David